New mining loco No.6 was taken out of traffic again following early in-service tests commencing on 23rd March 2021.
Further design modifications and additions were carried out in the works:
- Driver's Control Panel cabinet redesigned and replaced
- Reversing control moved to a more central position on the panel
- Battery Isolating Switch moved out of the cab and into the battery box
- New panel painted blue instead of grey
- Permanent mountings provided for the headlamps battery supply and switch unit
- Headlamps wiring connection box fixed to the cab side sheet
- Temporary power handle removed and refitted so as to be usable in service until replaced by the permanent one when it arrives from Forest Classics (still held up in transit due to customs delays!)
Following completion of the above mods loco No.6 was returned to traffic successfully on Sunday 29th March 2021 and worked the Sunday service train providing banking assistance for steam loco No.2 Boy Roger.